Setting up your latest Roku streaming player is simple, but we understand you still might have a few queries during the www.roku.com/link account setup process. Here we have provides Roku support and answered the most frequent questions customers have when setting up a new Roku device.
How to setup and activate www.Roku.com/link account online?
- First of all, connect the Roku player to your TV set using a cable wire.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection.
- Then connect your power adapter to the device.
- After that, click on the power button to get access to the setup screen.
- Then it will ask for a network option, choose the appropriate option to connect to the internet.
- The network connection could start the downloading of some latest updates on the device. Wait until the installation of the updates.
- After the installation, the screen will reboot and shows you a new screen with a unique code displayed on it.
- Then open the website: www.roku.com/link
- Insert the Roku activation code into www.roku.com/link website and click to submit.
- Create a new account for the Roku and create login id and password.
- You can also do channel customization in this section.
- Setup a payment method after logging into your account.
- And once done with the linking process, it will display a congratulations screen, and you are good to go
The questions are answered in the order of the setup process, from start to end.
No video is displayed on your TV screen.
When you do not see any video on your television screen throughout setup process, do as following:
- Make sure your video cable is tightly attached to the back of your Roku player and the back of your television and/or receiver.
- Ensure that your TV or receiver is attuned to the right input.
- Check your Roku AC adapter, if it is plugged into a working power outlet and is tightly attached to the Roku player.
For more information, call Roku support online by dialing our toll-free number.
If you are stuck on the Language selection/Remote dialogue screen.
When your remote control is not functioning properly, first try a different set of batteries before trying the below steps. Also, try out the batteries in another device first, to make sure they are working.Still, if after a fresh set of batteries, the remote is not operating, do as below:
These steps are for Roku Streaming Stick (3500, 3600), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), and Roku 4 (4400)
Step 1: Try linking the remote again:
- Open the battery compartment by taking off the battery cover.
- click and hold the pairing key for 3 seconds or till you notice the pairing LED start to flash.
- The remote pairing dialog and directions will display on your television screen.
- If you don’t find the pairing light on your remote, you need to replace your batteries.
Step 2: Try rebooting the Roku player and remote:
- Stop the power supply to the Roku player.
- Unlock the remote battery segment by taking off the battery cover.
- Plug the Roku power back in.
- As the Roku player is rebooting, click and hold the remote pairing key for 3 seconds or till you see the pairing LED start to flash.
- Once the Roku player has fully rebooted, you’ll see the Language screen, and then the remote pairing screen.
If all of the above steps still do not serve the purpose, you are free to contact Roku customer Support.
Unable to connect to the wireless network.
Here are some situations you may face when trying to connect to your internet connection. Try the steps below to help resolve them.Following error message is typically seen after one of the connection status’ seen below.
If the following error message (Error code 014.40) occurs at this point, it means the Roku is unable to connect to your wireless network. If you see this red X, try out the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct wireless password for your network. (Note: the passwords are case sensitive)
- Make sure you are selecting the correct wireless connection name.
- Set player position for an improved wireless signal.
- If you have MAC address filtering switched on? then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and mark the “Advanced Router Settings” segment. If you’re not sure of MAC address filtering, then this tip is probably not for you.
in case of error message (Error code 014.50) surfaces at this point, it means the Roku player can not connect to the local network. If you see this red X, try as follows:
- Try restarting the router by unplugging it from the power source, then attaching it back to the power.
- Try replacing the router’s wireless security mode to WPA-PSK (TKIP). Click and scroll down to the end of the page and mark the “Advanced Router Settings” segment.
If the error message (Error code 009) occurs at this point, it means the Roku player is unable to connect to the Internet. If you see this red X, try as below:
- Verify that your Internet connection is working from another device.
- You may need to modify DNS settings on your router. Scroll down to the end of the page and mark the “Advanced Router Settings” section.
However, if these steps don’t help, try Roku Chat Support for immediate help.
Detecting error code 003 or 011 while setup.
If you are trying to activate your Roku player and you see this error message, this indicates the Roku player lost connection to the Roku update server. There may be a possibility that Roku servers are not accessible due to a scheduled subsistence. When this appears, try again after a while. Then just execute a power cycle of the Roku player with the direction below. You will be able to proceed where you left off.
To fix this do the following:
- Remove the power connector from the back of the Roku player. Wait for a short period of time, then reconnect the power. Wait for the player to reboot, then follow the on-screen directions.
- If power cycling the Roku player did not fix the error then a network power cycle might.
- To do this remove the power connector from these devices.
- Roku player
- Wireless router
- Wait 30 seconds then reconnect the power connectors in this order, waiting 1 minute between each device to allow it to reboot.
- Wireless router
- Roku player
- Follow the on-screen directions from the Roku device and television.
- If still, it doesn’t work then a reset of the Roku player may be needed.
Having trouble creating or completing Roku.com/link account.
If you’re facing trouble while adding a payment method, try as below:
- Try another card and see if that works.
- Try using Paypal, that may work
- Open with another web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- While first account creation, after 5 failed efforts, you will be given the choice to continue without adding a credit card.
If you’re still facing trouble, contact Roku Support.
Forgot your username/password for the Roku account.
If you forgot your password, you can retrieve it easily. A new password will be sent to the email account registered in your account. If you do not get the email, be sure to double-check your spam filter.
- Using the provisional password, visit my.roku.com to log into your Roku account. To modify your password, do as below:
- Tick the Update button under Account Information.
- In the password section, enter a new password and use the temporary password as the Current password section.
- Tick Save Changes to save your new password.
Visit us at www.roku-link.net for more comprehensive and detailed support for roku.com/link account activation and setup guide from the experts in the industry.